Dog Training Membership
Dog training membership runs annually form August to August. The cost is $180 per year and you must attain a $5 Retriever Training Permit from DNR prior to working your dog over live birds. The dog-training fields are set up separate from the regulated hunting preserve to allow for more flexible usage. The fields will be rotated to accommodate the agricultural needs.
There will be a mix of tall grasses, crop stubble, hedgerows, and hayfields. The cost of the birds will be the same as the hunting preserve prices. Dog training assistance as available if requested in advance at $35/hour. Please call in advance to reserve the field or personal training assistance.
*ALL PERSONS RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR OWN SAFETY AT ALL TIMES.
We must have a signed hunting lease on file for each member each year.
In order to use the dog training fields, you must have your own Retriever Training Permit. This permit comes from the Dept. of Natural Resources for $5.00/each.
MD Dept. of Natural Resources
Permits Coordinator Wildlife Division
580 Taylor Ave.
Annapolis , MD 21401
Or any DNR License Merchant -OR- THe Md DNR website
The dog-training fields are set up separate from the regulated hunting preserve to allow for more flexible usage. The fields will be rotated to accommodate agricultural needs. There will be a mix of tall grasses, crop stubble, hedgerows, and hayfields.
- $240 annually (August Renewal)
- Additional walk-alongs - $15/person
- LIMIT OF ONE GUNNER WHILE AFIELD
- Pheasant, Chukar and Quail will be available on site from Oct. 1 st through March 31 st .
- Birds are mostly available beyond these dates and are welcome to be purchased, but possibly at an adjusted price
- The cost of the birds will be the same as the hunting preserve prices unless otherwise mentioned.
- Dog training assistance is available if requested in advance at $45/hour.
- Please call in advance to reserve the field.
- The home farm property is the dog training fields that are available. The hunting preserve property is not included in this membership.
Call Kim at 410-452-8472 or 410-836-1800 and she will go over all the details and see if the membership program is right for you.
ANNUAL HUNTING PRESERVE MEMBERSHIP - $300
Our preserve membership program is designed to accomidate the deer hunter, and varmit hunter alike. Membership runs from August to August.
- At least 3 newsletters about MDGO happenings
- Free "Mason-Dixon Game Outfitters" hat
- Deer Hunting rights @ $50/ day hunting (members only) - bow, shotgun and muzzleloader seasons
- Adult member may bring one child 18 years or younger with them on a deer or varmit hunt day at no charge (limited to one for safety reasons)
- Goundhog and Fox (varmit) hunting rights @ $25/day (members only)